The Traveling Adventures of Amanda

This journal is all about my European Adventures! Have a read but just be warned that reading could lead to extreme jealousy!!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Things I loved about Greece

  1. You can't flush toilet paper down the toilet, you have to throw it in a bin...I know it's gross but so interesting!
  2. Greek beaches...I could live on one for a very long time
  3. Ruins everywhere! It's amazing to see a convenient store beside a building that is older than CANADA!
  4. Drinking in public places...including on buses...we'll you aren't supposed to drink on buses but when you make friends with the driver you can pretty much get away with anything!
  5. Bartering...it's amazing how cheap you can get some things!
  6. Bread at the beginning of every meal...it's a little diceptive though because they just bring it and you don't realize that each person at the table is charged a 'bread/sitting' fee just to sit down
  7. Ok, I don't love it, but there are stray dogs and cats EVERYWHERE in Greece...it's actually pretty sad and I would adopt them all if I could...however the cats on Ios were pretty well fed...they stole a whole steak off a plate and proceeded to eat the whole thing down to the bone...it was an amazing sight
  8. Sleeping in a bungalow...I would do it again in a second...even if we did get a little wet when it rained the second night
  9. Greek food...it really is better here! And it's pronounce Hero...not Gyro or Yero...you crazy Aussies!!
  10. My amazing BusAbout Group...everyone was SO much fun and I will miss traveling with you all...especially Nicole who made sure we always got where we needed to get to and took us on some of the most amazing adventures...will you please please please just keep traveling with me and by my own personal tour guide? I'll see most of you again, if not in England then on my trip to Australia (free places to sleep! I'm SO there!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home