The Traveling Adventures of Amanda

This journal is all about my European Adventures! Have a read but just be warned that reading could lead to extreme jealousy!!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

So Classie!

That's Classie with an 'ie' because I'm just not classy enough for the 'y' yet, but I'm working on it! Friday night was our Christmas party in Cork so I'd thought I'd share a few pictures with you and explain why I am soooo classie! Cliona and I closed the office early on Friday and took a cab out to the airport...Galway Airport...and took a plane down to Cork. The airport is quite small... smaller than the Hamilton aiport if you have ever been there! But this was the first example of how classie I am...instead of using my backpack I borrowed my roommates wheeled luggage and felt so chic! The flight was only half an hour so we barely had time for a drink and our free newspaper! When we arrived in Cork we had a nice little conversation with a woman who had had a few too many drinks on the flight, and then took a cab out to our Hotel...no buses for us! See...Classie! We each had our own room, and I had intended to have a quick Disco Nap, but was too excited about the room! I used the TV to browse the internet, listened to some music, took a shower with all my free AVEDA products (YES...AVEDA!!!), and lounged around in my free robe and slippers!









Before dinner everyone met in the Hotel Bar for some drinks, and of course we were then late for dinner. But thankfully the restaurant was right across the street! Wasn't far to walk at all! The food was super yummy...I had the chicken spring roll, the beef (rare and bloody! mmmmm), and then date pudding and ice cream...and of course copious amounts of wine! I was much better than I was in Dublin though...no getting sick and crawling into bed just after midnight for me! After our 3 and a half hour dinner we were going to go to a pub so walked all the way over there only to discover it was closed...so we walked all the way back to the hotle and had some drinks in the residents bar. So fun! Donna and Gerry, with Olivia and Tom accompaning them, sang us a bunch of songs and kept us entertained until early in the morning.










The sun was bright and shinny Saturday morning when I rolled out of bed and met Cliona to catch the bus back to Galway. We weren't sick at all (see...I am SO Classie!) and managed to get a little snooze in. Back in Galway on Saturday night we were out again at a concert and I have to be honest, got a little messy...but it was great fun!

Just another two weeks in Galway, and although i am excited to see people at home, it is going to be really hard to leave! I have met so many great people! But I've put the message out there... anyone that wants to come visit me in Canada is more than welcome!!!! I LOVE playing tour guide!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home