The Traveling Adventures of Amanda

This journal is all about my European Adventures! Have a read but just be warned that reading could lead to extreme jealousy!!

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Rain, rain, go away!!!

So I have exactly 16 minutes to get this post written and posted before my time online ends. I have been on Corfu for two nights now, I was really only planning on staying one, but got a little intoxicated with a couple from Calgary and a couple from New Zeland the other night and just couldn't drag my butt out of bed yesterday morning. Unfortunately it started to rain yesterday morning and hasn't really stopped since. I got around 45 minutes on the beach this morning, and we get breaks of sun light, but not enough to really warrant walking ALL the way down to the beach...I'd just have to walk all the way back up again to leave.
I am staying at the Pink Palace and it's pretty much all I thought it would be, although a little quieter because we aren't in the main season. Thanks for warning me about the Pink Ouzo Andrea, but it did still surprise me when I got the shot when I arrived. I have been rooming with a woman from Seatle named Megan and yesterday a woman named Khany moved into our room too. They are great gals to hang around with. We went into Corfu town yesterday for a couple hours, but most things were closed for the Siesta so there wasn't much to do.
I am heading to Italy this evening, and I'm really excited about it. Although I have loved Greece, it's a little chill and I'm interested in really doing some sight seeing...I never thought I'd say this, but I've had enough beach time for a little while. I may regret saying that though as it starts to cool off as I travel. One thing that I am really excited about is moving out of this super hot weather and getting into more comfortable weather. I have actually been looking at the weather reports for Italy and it looks like they are going to be in the high teens, low 20s! My favorite kind of weather!!!
I have only about 8 minutes left now so I am going to sign off and I'll write again when I get to Italy and see some stuff!!! Love you all!!!!

3 Comments:

  • At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Amanda,

    How exciting your trip has been so far. I have really enjoyed reading the scoop. Look after yourself and keep enjoying it all.

     
  • At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ok, so i'm a horrible friend.
    i totally forgot about your site, and i just went to it now, and read EVERY blog....BACKWARDS....so now i know exactly what happened in the order it happened....
    good luck gettin to italy....
    can't wait for the next one :)
    luv ya lots!!!
    frankie

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amanda!
    I love your posts, they are as I expected really entertaining..hehehehe.
    Glad you loved Greece, and Italy wil be jsut as great I'm sure:)
    keep having fun
    Audra

     

Post a Comment

<< Home