The Traveling Adventures of Amanda

This journal is all about my European Adventures! Have a read but just be warned that reading could lead to extreme jealousy!!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Beer in the Czech is cheaper than Water!

Where am I? Oh yeah, Prague. SO...I spent 2 brilliant nights in Cesky Krumlov, a cute, quaint little village in the south of the Czech Republich, then caught a bus and came to Prague two days ago. My first night here I just made some dinner and then chilled out for a few hours with some people staying here, then crashed around 1am. Had a great drunken conversation with one of the guys staying in my room, Josh. It was pretty funny.
Yesterday I got up late and went down to Wenceslas Square (Vaclavske Namesti) where I met with a Walking Tour. It was really fun. It was me and a few other guys from the States (who are studying in Hungary). Our tour guide was a guy who moved here from London 7 years ago, and who majored in History at school. Such a great tour. We walked through the Jewish Quarter, around the Old Town, over the Charles Bridge, and then up to the Castle. We didn't go in the castle but wandered around it and our guide pointed out lots of fun stuff. My camera bettery died about half way through, so I didn't get too many pictures, but enough to illustrate my day on my blog!
Yesterday was also Marina's (one of the girls in my room) 21st birthday, so everyone from my room (Matt, Josh, Richard, Lisa, and Dave) took her out for dinner and then we came back to the hostel pub and had some drinks. There were 3 Irish guys playing music and it made me SO excited to get moved to Ireland.
Today I just wandered around town again, but it was raining/snowing, so I didn't go too far. I did get a Lonely Planet book of Ireland though so I can start to figure out where I might want to live. I can't believe that I will be in Ireland in less than a month! It's SO crazy!!!
Tomorrow Lisa, Rich, Josh and I are going to head to Krakow for a few days. I am pretty excited to see it because I've heard some amazing things about it!
Then next weekend I am going to head to Berlin and then finally go to France. I am cutting out more stuff, and will probably just do Paris and a few other places around it, but will for sure get back there next summer.
That's about it for now. Love ot you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home