The Traveling Adventures of Amanda

This journal is all about my European Adventures! Have a read but just be warned that reading could lead to extreme jealousy!!

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Bumpy Road

Our Spanish adventure continues! Two nights ago we stayed at a really character-filled hostel in Barcelona called Gothic Point. It was brightly painted and the rooms reminded me of sleeping in the trees. Unfortunately the privacy screens inhibited any air flow and we were HOT all night...not a great environment to sleep in!
Yesterday we checked out and left Barcelona behind. We rented a car, which turned out to be more than we had thought...but we´ll live. We decided to head north first to go to a town called Figures so that we could go to the Dali museum. It was really cool to see his stuff, but a small part of me wished we hadn´t bothered. But you live you learn! Our original plan was to head to Cuenca for the night but after consulting the map we figured out it was going to be around 600km and it was already after 4pm when we started going. So we completely changed our plands and decided to head south to Valencia for the night and then onto Granada today. The trip wasn´t too eventful except that we didn´t find a by-pass for Barcelona so had to go all the way through it again. But it was so fun to be back where it all started just a few days ago! The trip from Barcelona to Velencia took us around 3 hours to make and we booked into a hostel in Valencia on the road so we had a place to stay. Unfortunately we didn´t get very good directions to get there and spent almost an hour and a half driving around the streets of Valencia! By 11:30pm I was getting kind of stressed and snippy. Anyone who knows me knows how I can get when I am tired, hungry and stressed. Lots of appologizing to Krissy after my little hissy fit in the car. We finally lucked out and stumbled across the train station, a place I was at just a few days ago, and were able to use the internet at a 24hour place across the street. We got directions and found our destination.
Oh, but you might be asking, why didn´t you just call them and ask them where you were and how to get there? Well I did that, but when I called it sounded busy so I just hung up. Turns out that a ringing sound in Spain sounds like a busy sound everywhere else I have been. I felt like a bit of a tool when we got here and figured it out but I think that Krissy has forgiven me.
Today we are heading south again to Granada for the night then who knows tomorrow. The adventure will just continue!
Keep checking back for more updates!
Love to you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home