The Traveling Adventures of Amanda

This journal is all about my European Adventures! Have a read but just be warned that reading could lead to extreme jealousy!!

Monday, September 11, 2006

Dublin Party Trulife-Styles

On Friday of last week our company treated us all to a day in Dublin, to see one of our factories and then dinner and a night at a hotel. The day started bright and early at 6:30am when my alarm woke me up so that I could get a cab with Cliona to the Train station where we met Stephen for our 7:45am train. The ride to Dublin was pretty uneventful with the 3 of us reading our news papers and drinking copious amounts of tea to keep us all awake. We arrived in Dublin before the Cork crew and I had made them all a welcoming sign, so we had to hang around until they arrived. After a trip on the LUAS (like a streetcar) we had a tour of the factory to see how breast prosthesis are made. Once the tour was over (it took a few hours) we were driven by coach to the Radisson Hotel where we were staying for the night. We had a yummy lunch of tomatoe soup and sandwiches (smoked salmon, roasted peppers, ceasar chicken, buffalo mozzarella, and some boring ham and cheese) and then everyone decided to head off to their rooms for a nap (or as Cliona calls them, a Disco Nap). Now the Radisson is a 5 star hotel that used to be an estate home and it is absolutely gorgeous! Of course I went a little mental and took lots of pictures of my room (yup...you read it right...I had a whole room to myself!) so I hope you are all very jealous! After our naps we had a 2 hours meeting...not the most exciting thing in the world...followed by drinks and dinner. Dinner was really yummy too, salmon with fresh veggies and flowing bottles of wine. Too much wine! There were a lot of laughs and sing-a-longs, some dancing on chairs and of course more wine. Needless to say none of us were feeling too great the next morning and it was late afternoon before I was able to keep anything in my tummy. I am excited to say though that my classiness has actually been upped a little by the fact that while on the train back from Dublin to Galway I was sick twice in the toilets. Now if that's not classy I don't know what is!


















Donna, Tom, John, Antonia, and Brendan out enjoying the beautiful sunshine.












Olivia and Cliona singing while Donna does a little arm dancing.






Gerry singing along with Olivia







Tom (from Cork) laughing at the ridiculousness of the people he works with

1 Comments:

  • At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amanda!! When do we get to hear about your adventures with your parents!?
    I am anxiously awaiting the day :)
    Loves, Heidi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home