The Traveling Adventures of Amanda

This journal is all about my European Adventures! Have a read but just be warned that reading could lead to extreme jealousy!!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

One final blow-out!

It's sad to say but my time in Ireland had to come to an end. I absolutely loved it and will always treasure my memories. Fortunately before I left there were two fun nights out with my friends to celebrate all the friendships I made and all the fun I had.

The first night was on Saturday. I cooked up some food including chicken fingers, mini-quiches, Indian snacks, and potato baskets, put out some chips (including the left over ketchup chips!), bought lots of booze and opened the door. Louisa, PJ, Rosa, Sheila, Dierdre, Anne, Cliona, and Connor all came over to the house to snack and chat and drink some drinks (we also watched the last few minutes of X-factor and heard that Leona won, big surprise there). It was amazing to have everyone over. Then we headed into town to Massimo's Bar where we met with Gwenda and her new boy, and had some more drinks. Finally we realize it was time to move on and headed for the Warrick for the last time. Orla, Cliona, Sheila and I were all able to skip the queue and get in for free (thanks Sheila!) and headed straight for the bar. We danced, we chatted, and we drank some more! So many good laughs! At the end of the night we just didn't want it all to end so we went to a party where we ate some pasta (OK, just I ate the pasta, but I was SO hungry!) and drank some brutally yucky sparkling wine. Orla and I finally poured ourselves into bed at 5am. The perfect end to a fabulous evening.
Part two for me took place on Monday night. I met with Olivia, Alan, and Maura in town at the Front Door and we had a few drinks....I feel like all my stories about going out start with 'we had a few drinks'...but I guess that is the way that all good nights start out...anyway, had some drinks then moved onto Tafft's Pub for some more. There was a band playing and Podge & Rodge were on the TV, so I was over loaded with Irish entertainment. Finally the pub kicked us out and Olivia and Maura had a hankering for some nacho fries so we walked up to Abrakababra to get some (Maura said they are the best...i have to agree...so yummy!). If you have never been to Abrakababra in Eyre Square in Galway (and I'm sure the majority of you haven't) then you would know that the washroom is in the basement....and I really had to go...so I start to walk down the stairs and I am wearing my new silver shoes and they are really slippery and I slip on the ceramic stairs and fall down the stairs on my arse....it hurt A LOT! I still have a huge black bruise on my bum...so painful!!!!
So those were my last two night out on the town...so fun and I will miss my nights out with all of you!
PS Thanks Heidi for all the little Canada flag toothpicks! They just made the party food! And thanks to work (Cliona!) for the gorgeous flowers! I LOVED THEM!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home