The Traveling Adventures of Amanda

This journal is all about my European Adventures! Have a read but just be warned that reading could lead to extreme jealousy!!

Saturday, June 17, 2006

End of the Spain Era!

Madrid has turned out to be way better than I ever expected! Krissy and I have had a really great time! I can´t believe its almost over!
Yesterday we went and saw the Royal Palace which I loved! It was like excess decore barfed all over it! I just couldn´t get enough of it!
After the Palace we were going to head over to the Prado Museum but got a little lazy so instead spent the afternoon naping and reading our books....I am completely in love with this country that loves its Siestas!
Last night we decided to dress pretty and go out. First we grabbed some drinks and pizza at a cafe, then we went and saw X-Men (PS if you go and see it make sure you stay until after the credits! The best secret ever!). After the movie we went and wandered and found the greatest place for dinner. We finally ended up leaving around 12:30am. Such a fab night!
Today we slept in, I packed up my bag (went a little mental on the shopping...thank god for vacation pay!), and then went to the Prado Museum (which I skipped to read my book because I had seen the Picasso Exhibit in Paris) and then went to see the second half of the exhibit at the Reine Sofia Museum...free after 2:30pm!
Now we are just wasting time till I leave to catch my flight and head back to Galway. It has been an amazing trip and I´m so glad I got to share it with someone! I loved traveling alone but there´s something really great about having a friend around!
Stay tuned for the pictures (oh all the pictures!) and the Top 10 to follow!
Love to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home