The Traveling Adventures of Amanda

This journal is all about my European Adventures! Have a read but just be warned that reading could lead to extreme jealousy!!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Happy Holidays!

OK...I know...Its about 3 weeks late, but I am just now starting to feel the creative juices flowing again...and besides...I didn't have a computer for a long time! So as you all know I am back at home in Ontario, at Mum and Dad's in Thunder Bay. The weather hasn't been too bad...clear and only -20! Woo Hoo!

I thought I'd share some pictures from my all-too short break in southern Ontario. Grandma and I flew down (yes...we have to fly from up here!) to Toronto on the 27th. We rented a car and drove back to Guelph. On the 28th I drove to Burlington where I spent a great night eating, talking, and laughing with all my girl friends from High School. Sandi was so sweet and bought me a 'Welcome Home' cake!

After lunch and a visit with Katie on the 29th, I went to Hamilton to go shopping and for dinner with Heidi, Sheena and Adrian. This is Heidi with her HOTT new brown hair (and my finger) going for our first ride together in her new car Betty!

Adrian didn't know that I was there so I hid on the other side of the car. I didn't want him to see the top of my head so I laid down on the ground and watched him come from underneath it.


You can't really tell but this is our reunion. We chased each other around the car a few times until I got sick of that game and jumped on him. It was so great to be back!
After a great night of shopping and dinner and a movie, I drove back to Guelph. New Year Eve started off with rain and so I ran a few errands before taking nap...I have so many pictures from that night that I'll post them in a separate blog.
The rest of the week was a whirl of lunches and dinners and coffees. I was able to head to Toronto to see Fran, Eddie, and Melissa, then had lunch with Audra, hugs with Adam before he leaves to go to Australia, a visit with Tanya and her parents, and tea with Andrea and little baby Ruby (who I am SO in love with I can barely stand it!) Unfortunately on my way from Andrea's to have lunch with my friend Sara and her baby Clara I got in my first car accident. Fortunately I wasn't hurt and the car just had a broken side mirror, but it was pretty scary. I hit some gravel, did a few spins, and ended up in the ditch on the passenger side...not something I recommend. Thankfully so many people stopped and I was able to call Grandma to come and pick me up. A crazy end to a wonderful week.
Now I am back in Thunder Bay for the moment, frantically looking for a new job. Its great to be home but why does it have to be so cold here?

1 Comments:

  • At 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey what are we chopped liver. Nothing in your blog about the great day you spent in Niagara with the wonderful Gulka gang!!! What's with that.
    Your auntie M.T.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home